PowerPoint enables you to easily enhance your presentations in several ways. For example, bulleted text on a slide can be easily converted to a SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows with just a few clicks.
Follow these steps to convert existing bulleted text on a slide to a SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows:
- Access a slide with some bulleted text. Select the text, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Bulleted text slide
- With the bulleted text selected, carefully right-click to summon the contextual menu, as shown in Figure 2, below, and choose the Convert to SmartArt option.
Figure 2: Convert to SmartArt option in PowerPoint
- This action will bring up the SmartArt gallery within a submenu, as shown in Figure 2, above.
- Hover your cursor over the available SmartArt graphics in this gallery to see a Live Preview of the change happening on the slide. Click to choose the SmartArt graphic you want to apply. Alternatively, to see more SmartArt graphics, click the More SmartArt Graphics option located at the bottom of the SmartArt gallery, as shown in Figure 2, above.
- This action summons the Choose a SmartArt Graphic dialog box, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Choose a SmartArt Graphic dialog box
- Select any of the SmartArt graphic variants you want to use, and click the OK button.
- PowerPoint changes the bulleted text on your slide to a SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure 4, below (compare with Figure 1, shown previously on this page). Our chosen SmartArt graphic is the Vertical Block List, but you could choose from many other variations available.
Figure 4: Converted bulleted text
- Save your presentation.
SmartArt Basics: Convert Bulleted Text to SmartArt (Glossary Page)
Convert Bulleted Text to SmartArt in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Convert Bulleted Text to SmartArt in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Convert Bulleted Text to SmartArt in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Convert Bulleted Text to SmartArt in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows