This is an older PowerPoint add-in compatible with PowerPoint 2003 and previous versions. We are not updating this add-in.
AutoShape Magic (current version 1) is a free PowerPoint add-in that helps you keep all your AutoShapes centered and sized. It also lets you apply gradient fills and change the gradient directions. In addition, you can reverse colors of gradient and pattern fills.
It's such a simple add-in. The only prerequisite is that you need to select an AutoShape before you click any icon on the AutoShape Magic toolbar that you can see here.
Here's what these icons do from left to right.
1. Center Shape
2. Twice Size
3. Increase 10%
4. Half Size
5. Decrease 10%
6. Blue Green Gradient
7. Blue Black Gradient
8. Blue White Gradient
9 to 19: Gradient Directions
20. Reverse Gradients (or Patterns)
Where can I Download the add-in?
Here (28 kb) (works with PowerPoint 97 through 2003 for Windows, and PowerPoint X and 2004 for Mac)
How do I install the add-in?
- Unzip the PPA file from the Download (see above).
- Within PowerPoint, choose Tools | Macros | Security. In the security level tab, check Medium. Click OK.
- Now load the add-in by choosing the Tools | Add-ins menu option to bring up the add-ins window.
- Click on Add to bring up the 'Add New PowerPoint Add-in' dialog box.
- Navigate to the folder where the add-in was unzipped and select 'Aumagic01.ppa' and click OK.
- If you are prompted with the macro virus warning, enable the macros. When the add-in is properly loaded, it will display a tick against the add-in name.
- You have now successfully initiated the add-in into PowerPoint.
- Once the add-in has been loaded, it is recommended that you set the Security level back to High or Very High.