Video Conversion - AVI, MPEG, SWF, DVD, Real…
By: Geetesh Bajaj
February 23rd 2009
AVI to Animated GIF
AVI to DVD
AVI to FLC, FLI
AVI to MOV, QT
AVI to MPG, MPEG
AVI to RealVideo
AVI to SWF
AVI to VideoCD
AVI to WMV
MOV, QT to Animated GIF
MOV, QT to ASF, WMV
MOV, QT to AVI
MOV, QT to FLC, FLI
MOV, QT to MPG, MPEG
MOV, QT to RealVideo
MOV, QT to SWF
MPG, MPEG to AVI
MPG, MPEG to QT, MOV
Video conversion is almost always a one-time affair. For instance you might want to convert from one format to the other - such as from an AVI file to QuickTime. You could convert it again to MPEG and then to RealVideo - but do remember that you are degrading the quality and fidelity of the video each time you convert.
Having said that, you can learn more about converting between one video format and the other on this page. The formats we cover include:
- AVI -- This is the default video format on Microsoft Windows systems.
- MOV, QT -- This is the default video format on Apple Macintosh systems.
- MPG, MPEG -- A cross platform video format that creates video in optimized file formats and sizes.
- ASF, WMV -- Windows Media Video and its precursor, Active Streaming Format.
- RealVideo -- Streaming video format from Real.
- VideoCD -- A variation of the MPEG format provides low quality video.
- DVD -- A variation of the MPEG format provides high quality video.
- Animated GIF -- Not strictly a video file, but includes movement. This format does not support sound.
- FLC, FLI -- A very old video format from Autodesk that's almost never used these days.
- SWF -- The native Flash output format creates vector capable videos with interactivity and sound.
Microsoft GIF Animator allows you to create animated GIFs from AVI files.
The best way to convert an AVI video to QuickTime is through QuickTime Professional.
There are many tools which convert from AVI to MPG -- we plan to have some tutorials available soon.
You can use RAD Video Tools to convert QuickTime to AVI.