The second type within the Group Cards category in
Sway is the Stack Group Card. This Card can only contain
Picture Cards. You can add as many Picture Cards as you want, and the resultant Stack
Card renders as a conventional stack of pictures.
Follow these steps to see how the Stack Group Card works:
- Create a new Sway or open an existing one. Then access the All Cards
pane and select the Group category, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Group Cards within All Cards pane
Note: Is the All Cards pane, as shown in Figure 1 not visible? Then click the
Cards option in the menu bar as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2,
later on this page.
- Then choose the Stack option, highlighted in red within Figure 1. This
will place a new Group Card in your Storyline with a Stack Group layout, as can be
seen in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Stack Group Card added
- Click the Add a Picture box, highlighted in blue within Figure 2, above.
This will show the Insert pane, as can be seen in Figure 3, below. Options within the Insert pane are
explained in our Insert Options in Sway tutorial.
Figure 3: Insert pane
- We added multiple Picture Cards within the Stack Group Card, as you can see in
Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: Picture Cards in our Stack Group Card
- The moment you click on the Group handle on the top (highlighted in red within Figure 4, above), you will find that your Group Card collapses, as shown in Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Stack Group created
You will also notice that several options are available in the area now. The options in the area highlighted in
red within Figure 5 are explained in Step 5 on our
Automatic Group Cards in Sway tutorial page. And the area highlighted in
blue within Figure 5 is explained in Step 4 on our
Picture Cards in Sway tutorial page.
Delete: The last button on the right will delete the entire Group Card with all its contents!
- Within the individual Cards contained in the Group, you can do everything you can do with regular
Picture Cards, as shown in Figure 6, below. You will notice that this
Card sports all the options (area highlighted in red) that are available within a regular
Figure 6: Picture Card within the Group Card
- Add captions as needed to all the Picture Cards, as shown in Figure 7, and you are done.
Figure 7: Add captions for your pictures
The embed below shows an actal Sway that uses the Stack Group Card. Click on the actual stack of pictures within the embedded Sway to see
how it works!
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.