With Theme Fonts, you get several sets of ready made choices, and you can
choose and apply from pre-decided pairs of font
choices, without changing the overall Theme. In this tutorial we'll teach you how you can create your own Theme Fonts set,
which can be used in all your presentations. Follow these steps learn more:
- Create a new presentation or open an existing presentation.
- Now, navigate to Design tab of the Ribbon, and locate Themes group.
Within the Themes group, click the Fonts button to bring up the Fonts
drop-down gallery, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Fonts drop-down gallery
- From the Fonts drop-down gallery, choose the Create New Theme Fonts option, as shown
highlighted in red, within Figure 1 above.
- This opens the Create New Theme Fonts dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Create New Theme Fonts dialog box
The options within the Create New Theme Fonts dialog box are explained below, as marked in
Figure 2 above:
- Heading font: Click the downward pointing arrow to bring up a drop-down list of all installed fonts on
your system. Select the desired font for Headings (slide titles).
- Body font: Click the downward pointing arrow to bring up a drop-down list of all installed fonts on your
system. Select the desired font for Body (all text apart from slide titles).
If you need to share your presentations with others, make sure you make font choices that will be
typically available on most computers that have PowerPoint installed. Here's a list of fonts supplied with
Microsoft Office 2007
Microsoft Office 2010
- Sample: Here you can preview the changed text as and when you choose various fonts within
Heading font and Body font drop-down lists.
- Name: Enter a name for your new Theme Fonts set within the text box.
- We added new font choices, and provided a name for this Theme Fonts set, as shown in Figure 3, below
(compare to Figure 2, above).
Figure 3: Custom Theme Fonts set ready to be saved
- Once done, click the Save button.
- This will change the Theme Font for your presentation slides, as shown in Figure 4 (compare with
Figure 1). Also the new Theme Fonts set will appear at the top of the Theme Fonts drop-down
gallery, within the Custom section (see Figure 4 again).
Figure 4: Custom Theme Fonts created
Note that the overall Theme is not changed -- the slide still sports the same layout, colors, effects, etc. It's just the fonts that have changed.
- Save your presentation often.
Create Your Own Theme Fonts Set in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Create Custom Theme Fonts in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.