Change Bulleted List to Numbered List in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Learn how to change a bulleted list into a numbered list in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
October 31st 2012
October 31st 2012
Whenever you type within a Text or Content placeholder in PowerPoint, the text shows up within a bulleted list by default. Even when you import an outline in PowerPoint, the entire content other than the slide titles ends up as bulleted text. There may be times when you want to either remove the bullets altogether from the list, or convert into a numbered list. In this tutorial, you will learn how you can change a bulleted list into a numbered list:
- Open your presentations and navigate to a slide that contains bulleted paragraph -- select the bulleted paragraph:
- If you want to change just one bullet in the text placeholder (or text box), then select that individual line.
- If you want to make these changes to all the bullets in the text placeholder (or text box), you can select the entire placeholder by clicking on the edge of the placeholder (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Placeholder with bulleted Paragraph selected
- Access the Home tab of the Ribbon -- within the Paragraph group, click the Numbered List button (highlighted in red within Figure 2).
Figure 2: Numbered List button within Home tab of the Ribbon
- This changes the selected bulleted list to a numbered list, as shown in Figure 3 (compare Figures 1 and 3).
Figure 3: Bulleted list changed to numbered list
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...