Advanced Text Transforms in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Learn how you can tweak your text transforms beyond the available presets in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
All the transform effects that you apply to your text may or may not suit your requirements every time. While some of these effects need to be made subtle, some other may need to be made more prominent. In fact, you can go ahead and tweak any of the presets to come up with your own distinctive transform effect. In this tutorial you'll learn how to tweak the Transform text effect in PowerPoint -- follow these steps to explore more:
- Select text that already has the Transform text effect applied, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Text with Transform preset effect applied
- Notice the pink handle on the text box in Figure 1 (highlighted in red). Place the cursor over the pink handle, and click to select it.
Note: The position of the pink handle depends upon which Transform preset you have applied to text. For the example shown in this tutorial, we applied the Fade Down transform preset -- this one shows a pink handle on the bottom area of your text. Additionally, do note that some Transform effects such as the Wave 1, Double Wave 2, etc. may have two pink handles.
- Now, drag the selected pink handle as required to tweak the applied Transform effect. Dragging direction depends upon the Transform preset you have applied to the text -- it can be up or down, left or right, or along a path. In Figure 2 you can see the pink handle being dragged towards left.
Figure 2: Transform effect being tweaked using the pink handle
- Compare Figures 1 (above) and 3 (below) -- you'll find that the Transform effect looks more subtle in the latter Figure 3.
Figure 3: Transform text effect changed
- All the Transform presets give different results when you drag the pink handle. Figures 4 and 5 below show text in its original state, and how the same text looks after we dragged the pink handles.
Figure 4: Compare Text transform variations -- original and after making it subtle
Figure 5: Compare Text transform variations -- original and after making it prominent
- Remember to save your presentation often.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...