Change the Numbered List Style in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how to change the numbered list style of selected text in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7 and 8
PowerPoint allows you to choose from several styles for your numbered lists -- there are variations in digits, alphabets, and Roman numerical styles. By default, PowerPoint 2013 uses the 1, 2, 3 style for numbered lists. And since you can change bulleted list styles, it is only natural that you expect some changes to be allowed for numbered list styles too.
- Open any presentation or create a new one. Then navigate to a slide that contains a numbered list -- select
the entire placeholder by clicking on the edge of the placeholder (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Slide with numbered text
- Access the Home tab of the
Ribbon, and click the arrow beside the
Numbering button (highlighted in red within
Figure 2: Arrow beside the Numbering button
- This brings up the Numbering drop-down gallery, as shown in Figure 3.
The highlighted number style is the current number style applied to your selected text.
Figure 3: Numbering drop-down gallery
- Now hover the cursor over any of the number style previews in this gallery -- as you move over different
previews, the selected text shows you a
live preview of the number style
being selected (see Figure 4). Click on the preview to apply the style to your selected text.
Figure 4: Live preview of number styles
- Figure 5 shows the number style of the selected text changed from digits to Roman
numerical style (compare Figures 1 and 5).
Figure 5: Number style changed
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.