Share PowerPoint Presentations Online using SkyDrive
PowerPoint Tutorial: Learn how to share PowerPoint presentations online, using SkyDrive.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
In a previous tutorial, we showed you how you can Share PowerPoint Presentations Online using the Microsoft Office Web Viewer. That option works great if you have your own domain where you want to upload and share PowerPoint presentations (or even Word and Excel files). However, if you already use Microsoft's SkyDrive to create and edit your presentations, then it makes sense to use a similar sharing option that is already built within the SkyDrive service.
We are assuming that your presentations are already on SkyDrive -- if not yet, do upload your presentation -- and then follow these steps to learn more:
- Access the PPTX file already on SkyDrive, and select it, as shown in
Figure 1. Note the check mark towards the left side of the selected file (see Figure 1 again).
Figure 1: PowerPoint file selected within SkyDrive
- Choose the Sharing menu option (highlighted in red within
Figure 1, above) – in the resultant screen, choose the Get a link
option in the sidebar, shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Get a link option to be selected
- In the subsequent screen, you'll be provided with three sharing options, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Sharing options in SkyDrive
These three sharing options are explained below, as marked in Figure 3:
- View only: This option provides a link to just view the presentation.
- View and edit: Select this option to get a link to view and edit the presentation.
- Public: This option makes your selected presentation public. Anyone can search
and view your presentation, even if you don't share the link with them.
- For now, we will go with the View only option. To select any of these three options, you need to click the Create button associated with them. In Figure 3, you can see the Create button associated with the View only option highlighted in red, which is to be clicked to go with View only option.
- This will
provide a link which can be shared (highlighted in red within Figure 4). Notice that this link is quite long -- fortunately, there's a convenient Shorten option, highlighted in blue within Figure 4 -- click this option.
Figure 4: Link for sharing presentation
- This will create a short URL, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 5.
Figure 5: Shorten URL for sharing presentation
- You can send this link to share your presentation. Once you have retrieved your link, click the Done button.