PowerPoint 2007 to EXE in Microsoft Windows
Learn how to create an EXE from PowerPoint 2007.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2007 and IExpress
Date Created: October 21st 2008
Last Updated: February 27th 2009
Part IV: Creating the EXE
- Choose not to restart the system since we are not installing
any system files (see Figure 16) -- click Next.
Figure 16: Configure restart
- It's a good idea to save all the wizard settings as a self
extraction directive (SED) file -- choose a name and file location
as shown in Figure 17, before you click Next.
Figure 17: Save self extraction directive
- There's nothing to change in this screen unless you want to
go back and change any of the settings (see Figure 18). Click Next.
Figure 18: Create package
- Click the Finish button shown in Figure 19.
Figure 19: Create package
- This will activate a DOS/command
window, see Figure 20 that will compress all actual files down to almost 50%
and create a standalone EXE that contains everything -- the presentation(s),
linked files and even the Viewer!
Figure 20: DOS/command window
- Test your standalone EXE.