Playing Custom Shows in PowerPoint 2010
Learn how to play custom slide shows in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8
After creating Custom Slide Shows, you would like to view them or present them to your audience. Of course you can access the Custom Shows dialog box, and then select a show and then choose to play it -- but that's a long process indeed. In this tutorial, we will show how you can access the same Custom Show more easily. And, we will also show you how you can set any Custom Show as the default within a presentation -- this means that when you actually play your presentation in Slide Show view, only the slides within the Custom Show you select will be shown!
Follow these steps to play a Custom Slide Show in PowerPoint 2010:
- Open the presentation within which you have
created the Custom Slide Show.
- Access the Slide Show tab (highlighted in red within Figure 1)
of the Ribbon, and click the Custom Slide Show
button, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Custom Slide Show button
- This brings up the Custom Slide Show drop-down menu, as shown in Figure 2. Here you can see the list of all Custom Shows created -- we created one Custom Show that we named Important Slides. You can see this listed
within the Custom Slide Show drop-down menu (highlighted in red within
Figure 2: Custom Slide Show drop-down menu
- Click the name of the custom slide show to play it.
Here's an alternative option that lets you set any Custom Show as the default Slide Show:
- Access the Slide Show tab of the
Ribbon, and click the Set Up Slide Show
button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Set Up Slide Show button
- This opens the Set Up Show dialog box, as shown in Figure 4. Here, select the
Custom show radio button (highlighted in red within
Figure 4: Set Up Show dialog box
- Click the down-arrow (highlighted in blue within Figure 4, above) to see the list of
Custom Slide Shows. Choose the Custom Slide Show you want, and click the OK button.
- The next time when you bring up Slide Show view, you'll see slides only from the Custom Show you selected earlier.
You can learn some tricks with Custom Slide Shows in our Tips for Custom Shows in PowerPoint 2010 tutorial.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.