Insert Multiple New Slide Pages in Adobe Acrobat
Learn how to create a PDF by inserting multiple PNGs in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro
This tutorial is part of the PowerPoint to Secure PDF series -- in the previous tutorial, I showed how to create PDFs from a single exported PNGs. In this tutorial we'll explore options in Adobe Acrobat Pro to insert multiple PNG files.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro. From the File menu, choose Create PDF | Merge Files into a Single PDF, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Merge files into a single PDF
- This summons the Combine Files window (see Figure 2). Click the Add Files button to reveal a fly-out menu, and then choose the Add Files option.
Figure 2: Combine Files
- This opens the Add Files window, as shown in Figure 3. Select all files by individually selecting them (press the shortcut key Ctrl+A to select all files in a folder), and click the Add files button.
Figure 3: Add files
- This will add all the selected PNGs, and get you back to Combine Files window in Adobe Acrobat Pro, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Added files
- Once the files are added, you can select one or more options (see Figure 5):
Figure 5: Re-arranged files
- Re-arrange the file sequence by selecting the file, and then clicking the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- Delete selected file by clicking the Remove button
- Set the PDF file size by choosing the small, medium, or large options -- remember larger file sizes equate to higher quality PDFs.
- Now click the Combine Files button shown in Figure 6 to start the merge / conversion process.
Figure 6: Files merge / conversion process
- When the PDF is created, a Save As windows opens (see Figure 7). Provide a name to the PDF, choose the location, and click the Save button.
Figure 7: Save PDF
- Figure 8 shows the created PDF.
Figure 8: PDF
In the next tutorial of this series, we'll explore how to insert new slide pages in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Previous Topic: Creating PDFs from PNGs in Adobe Acrobat
Next Topic: Inserting New Slide Pages in Adobe Acrobat