Before we look at installing Office Mix, it is a good idea to understand the system requirements needed for this add-in. Thereafter, you can
install and run Office Mix, as explained later on
Here’s what you need:
- PowerPoint 2016 (or
PowerPoint 2013) for Windows. At the time of writing, no compatible version of Office Mix
was available for PowerPoint versions on the Mac.
- Windows 7, 8, 10, or newer. That is obvious because PowerPoint 2013 or 2016 will not install on previous versions of Windows.
- A suitable microphone. Our PowerPoint Microphones page will help.
- A webcam if you want to record your headshot videos.
Thereafter follow these steps:
- Head to the Office Mix site, as shown in Figure 1
Figure 1: Get Office Mix
- Click the large Get Office Mix button as shown in Figure 1 above. If you are not signed into with your
Microsoft Account, you will be prompted now to do so. Thereafter, the setup
file will be downloaded.
- Preferably close all applications and then activate the downloaded file to go ahead with the install process.
- Once installed, the Mix tab will appear on the
Ribbon within PowerPoint, as shown in
Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Office Mix tab on the Ribbon
- Also, the first time you launch PowerPoint after installing Mix, you will see a sample presentation open along with the Mix
Getting Started pane, as shown in Figure 3, below.
You can click on the options available in the Getting Started pane to view video tutorials that will explain key Mix concepts.
Figure 3: Office Mix sample presentation
In subsequent tutorials, we will explore the individual commands within the Mix tab of the Ribbon.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.