We already explored how you can
open files on Docs.com.
Needless to add, you can only open files that have been uploaded, and the purpose of
uploading a file is to ultimately share it
with others. In the area of sharing, Docs.com excels -- in fact, Docs.com allows you to share your uploaded file on Facebook, Twitter, and
you can also send the files via e-mail.
In this tutorial we'll show you how to use the Share option within
- Sign into your Docs.com account. Thereafter select and
click the file which you want to share. This opens the chosen file in a new page within
PowerPoint Online, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Share button
What's a Docs.com account?
A Docs.com account is the same as your Microsoft Account -- learn more in our
- Now click the Share button, shown highlighted in red within Figure 1,
- This brings up a pop-up window with share options, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Share options
Note: Options explained and shown in this tutorial may change and evolve all the time because Docs.com is a web based
program -- we will try to update this tutorial if these changes happen but we cannot be sure that the options may not change, or even look
Share options are explained below, as marked in Figure 2, above:
- Facebook: Click this option to post the link to the selected file within your Facebook account. Learn more in our Share Docs.com Content on Facebook tutorial.
- Tweet: This option enables you to tweet the link to the selected file via your Twitter account. Explore more in out Tweet Docs.com Content tutorial.
- Email: Clicking this option brings up a new email window with the share link. Add email addresses of people with whom
you want to share the link with and send the file via email. Learn more in our Send Docs.com Content by Email tutorial.
- Link: Here you will find the share link of the file. You can copy the link and share it anywhere --
for example you can
paste this into an email you are composing.
Choose an option based on your requirement.
- Instead of opening the file you can hover your cursor over the file thumbnail which you want to share -- as soon as you hover your
cursor, you'll see the Share option, as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 3. Click this option.
Figure 3: Share option on file thumbnail
- This brings up the Share window, as shown in Figure 4. Options within this window are same as in window shown in
Figure 2 earlier on this page.
Figure 4: Share options window
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.