After publishing (uploading) a file on your
Docs.com account, you can edit file details. It is suggested that these files details should be up to date as it helps in SEO (Search Engine
Optimization) and helps you make your content accessible to the world, although you can still set some limitations for your individual files. In
this tutorial, we'll explore these options.
Make sure you first sign into your Docs.com account.
Thereafter select the file which you want to edit, and follow these steps:
- Place you cursor to hover on the file which you want to edit, and you'll see the Edit
option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Click this option.
Figure 1: Edit option
- This opens a page with options to edit the selected file details, as shown in Figure 2.
All the options within this page are explained below, as marked in Figure 2, above.
Figure 2: File edit page
- Find your content here: This section provides the hyperlink to your file once it’s published. You can share this hyperlink
- Preview: The changes you make to the Title, Author, Description and the Background can be seen here.
- Title: Here you add/edit your file title.
- Author: Add author's name.
- Description: Add description for your file.
- License: Choose the
license type you want to
setup for your file. The check-box enables your file under Creative Commons license. You can choose other license also from
Other license options drop-down list, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Other license options drop-down list
- Background: Here you can choose the display thumbnail of the file link. Choose from these three options
Preview image, Default thumbnail, and Custom image. Select the check-box and click the
- Tags: Add tags related to you file.
- Language: Choose a language for your file.
- Permissions: Here you'll find two check-boxes. Allow comments about your document check-box, if select, will enable
others to comment on your file. And, Allow others to download your document check-box, if selected, enables other to download your
- Done: After adding all the details click the Done button to apply the details. Here you'll find two more
hyperlinks: Delete removes the file from Docs.com and re-upload allows you to upload the file
again (as in replacing the original file with another one).
- Add or edit the file details as you want. Note that you can edit the file details any number of times, and whenever you want.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.