Reorder, Remove, and Edit Photos within Photo Album in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn how to reorder, remove, and edit photos within photo album in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Date Created: June 29th 2011
Last Updated: June 29th 2011
Photo Album in PowerPoint 2010 is not just limited to creating presentations that contain photos. After your photo album has been created, you can forget about its existence for a few days or months -- and then open the photo album presentation again, and edit it almost like you have just created it a moment ago! You can edit the photo content in many ways, since the Edit Photo Album dialog box provides abundant possibilities -- in this tutorial we'll explore some of these edit options.
For this tutorial I have created a sample Photo Album using several wallpaper pictures from the free National Geographic’s Photo of the Day collection
Follow these steps to explore some of the editing options within the Edit Photo Album dialog box in PowerPoint 2010:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option.
- The Edit Photo Album dialog box opens with your Photo Album, as shown in Figure 1. The area highlighted in red in Figure 1 includes the options you will learn about in this tutorial -- these are reorder, remove, rotate, contrast, and brightness.
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- Figure 2 shows the marked options which are explained below.
Figure 2: Edit options
Remember: There are no Reset options to undo any changes you make using the edit options explained above -- so be careful before you make any of the changes -- even if you make any changes, these are not applied until you press the Update button that we explain later in this tutorial.
- Pictures in album: This section displays the list of pictures used within the opened Photo Album presentation. Here you can select any individual photo to edit it using the options we discuss next.
- Preview: This section displays the preview of the photo you have selected within the Pictures in album section.
- Reorder: These two buttons enable you to move a selected photo up or down in the list.
- Remove: Delete the selected photo from the Photo Album -- this does not delete the actual picture on your computer though.
- Rotate: These two buttons allow you to Rotate Right and Rotate Left by 900 -- to rotate any picture 1800, just click any of these two buttons twice.
- Contrast: Use the two contrast buttons to increase and decrease the contrast levels.
- Brightness: These two buttons increase and decrease the brightness levels.
- Figure 3 shows the same selected file (refer to Figure 1 above) has been moved up in the list, and its brightness levels have been increased.
Figure 3: Photo is reordered, and brightness levels are increased
- When done with any changes you make, click the Update button (highlighted in red in Figure 3 above) to apply the changes to your Photo Album. If you do not want to make any changes, do click the Cancel button to return to the Photo Album presentation without making any changes.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.