Photo Album Picture Layouts in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn about Photo Albums picture layouts in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Date Created: June 30th 2011
Last Updated: June 30th 2011
Once you create a Photo Album in PowerPoint 2010, you can do so much more with your photos such as reordering their sequence, changing their brightness and contrast levels, etc. However what might not be that apparent is that you can also make changes with the layouts of the individual slides -- such as how many pictures you want to be visible on a single slide. You can also choose to show slide titles (or not), or even show your pictures in full screen view where one individual picture fits the entire slide area. What choices you make will depend entirely upon you -- in this tutorial, you will be aware of these different choices.
Let me first show you the different layouts available within the Photo Album dialog box:
- Fit to slide shows one picture per slide, in full screen view (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Fit to slide is the default option
- 1 picture shows one picture per slide, but you can also see the slide background since the picture does not cover the entire slide. Similarly 2 pictures and 4 pictures use the same logic to show you 2 and 4 pictures respectively, and show the slide background (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: 1, 2, and 4 pictures per slide show over the slide background
- 1 picture with title shows one picture per slide (and the slide title), and you can still see the slide background since the picture does not cover the entire slide. Similarly 2 pictures with title and 4 pictures with title use the same logic, and show 2 and 4 pictures respectively with the slide titles and the slide background (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: 1, 2, and 4 pictures per slide show over the slide background with titles
Follow these steps to see how to change the Picture layouts of the slides within your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2010:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option.
- The opens the Edit Photo Album dialog box, as shown in Figure 4. The area highlighted in red in Figure 4 includes the options you will learn in this tutorial -- which is Picture layout.
Figure 4: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- By default the Picture layout is set to Fit to slide (refer to Figure 4 above).
- Click the Picture layout drop-down list (see Figure 5)
Figure 5: Picture layout drop-down list
- Choose any of the picture layouts, and you will see a preview of its appearance (highlighted in red in Figure 5) next to the Picture layout drop-down list.
- Click the Update button (highlighted in blue in Figure 5) to apply the new layout to your Photo Album.
- Save you Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.