Insert Clip Art in PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003 for Windows
Learn how to insert clip art in PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003 for Windows.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista
Date Created: February 15th 2007
Last Updated: February 27th 2009
describes any image, graph,
picture, etc. These can all
be referred to as Web Clip Art.
In this tutorial, I'll show you how to insert Clip Art in PowerPoint:
- Navigate to the slide where you want to insert the Clip Art.
- Choose Insert | Picture | Clip Art as shown in Figure
Figure 1: Insert a Clip Art
- This will summon the Clip Art pane on the right
side of PowerPoint interface as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Clip Art Pane
- The Clip Art pane has Search options as:
- Search for: Type
the keywords to search the clips of that category in the
text field. Eg. Food.
- Search in: Choose the clips in
various locations. Eg. Everywhere, My Collection, Office
Collection, Web Collection, or Choose all collections
Choose Clip media type.
Eg. GIF, WAV, WMF,
BMP,default all media files is
- Then click on Go Button.
- Search for: Type the keywords to search the clips of that category in the text field. Eg. Food.
The searched result is inserted as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Searched Clips
- Select any Clip from Clip Art Gallery
shown in Figure 4. Right-Click on it which
will display a context menu, select the insert option.
Figure 4: Selected Clip from Clip Art Gallery
- The selected Clip Art is inserted into the Powerpoint slide
as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Inserted Clip
- After inserting the Clip Art into the Powerpoint slide. Right-Click
on picture and choose Format Picture option as shown in Figure
Figure 6: Format Picture
- This opens Format Pictue window as shown in Figure
7. Choose different format
tabs and make changes as required. Once it is done Click
Ok to apply the changes.
Figure 7: Format Picture Window
Note: To format individual elements of Clip Art. Right-Click choose Grouping | Ungroup.
- The other three options in Clip Art pane refer to Figure
2 above are explained below:
- Organize Clips: When clicked on Organize
Clips link, it opens Microsoft Clip Organizer window
as shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8: Clip Organizer
Clip Organizer arranges and catalogs Clip Art and other media files stored on your hard disk and quickly find the clips you need.
- Clip Art on Office
Online: This opens office online
webpage for advanced search.
- Tips for Finding Clips: When clicked on Tips for Finding Clips link, it opens help window.
- Organize Clips: When clicked on Organize Clips link, it opens Microsoft Clip Organizer window as shown in Figure 8.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.