Black and White Options for Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn how to change color pictures to black and white, and revert them back to color in your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Rich, vibrant color attracts more attention in a picture than olde-world black and white. However, the contrast visible in a black and white photo is far superior -- artists and photography purists have long hailed the black and white picture as a creative medium. You may want to extend this creative medium to your Photo Album presentations -- fortunately, a click or two is all that is required to create an inspirational black and white Photo Album:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option.
- The Edit Photo Album dialog box opens -- allowing you to edit the Photo Album.
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- Within the Picture Options section, select the ALL pictures black and white checkbox, as shown highlighted in red in Figure 2.
Figure 2: ALL pictures black and white checkbox selected
- As soon as the ALL pictures black and white checkbox is selected, you'll notice that the preview box also shows a grayscale picture (highlighted in blue in refer to Figure 2 above -- compare to the same picture in Figure 1).
- Click the Update button (highlighted in green in Figure 2) to apply the changes.
- Figure 3 shows your Photo Album presentation with all of the pictures
converted into black and white (grayscale).
Figure 3: Pictures converted to black and white
- Save you Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.