Apply Theme to Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn how to apply a Theme to your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Date Created: July 6th 2011
Last Updated: July 6th 2011
Once your Photo Album presentation has been created, you may notice that the default Photo Album template is a white background with black text. And if this is what you exactly want -- then you need not change a thing. But you can easily change the appearance of the slides by applying a Theme to your Photo Album presentation. You can of course do it outside the Photo Album presentation -- in the normal way that you apply a Theme. But you can also apply a Theme right within the Photo Album dialog box, as explained below:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option.
- The opens the Edit Photo Album dialog box, as shown in Figure 1. Within the Album Layout section, you will find the Theme option (highlighted in red in Figure 1).
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- By default, the plain Office Theme with a white background and black text is applied. To change to a new Theme, click the Browse... button (refer to Figure 1 above).
- This opens the Choose Theme dialog box, as shown in Figure 2, displaying all the pre-built themes in your system. You can also navigate to any other folder that has Theme files -- in fact, you can also apply any other PowerPoint file as a Theme -- so you can also select any existing PPTX file to apply its inbuilt Theme.
Figure 2: Choose Theme dialog box
- Choose any of the Themes, and click the Select button (highlighted in red in Figure 2 above).
- This will take you back to Edit Photo Album dialog box. Note that the path of the Theme you have selected is displayed, as you can see highlighted in red in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Selected Themes path
- Now click the Update button (highlighted in blue in Figure 3 above).
- Save you Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.