Photo Album Picture Layouts in PowerPoint 2013
Learn about Photo Album picture layouts in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7 and 8
After creating a Photo Album, you can reorder the sequence of the images, change their brightness and contrast levels, etc. However, you can also make changes to the layouts of the individual slides -- such as number of pictures you want to be visible on a single slide. You can also opt to show slide titles (or not), or even show your pictures in full screen view where one individual picture fits the entire slide area. What choices you make will depend entirely upon you -- in this tutorial, you will be aware of these different choices.
Let us first show you the different layouts available within the Photo Album dialog box in PowerPoint 2013:
- Fit to slide shows one picture per slide, in full screen view (see
Figure 1: Fit to slide is the default option
- 1 picture shows one picture per slide, but you can also see the slide background
since the picture does not cover the entire slide. Similarly 2 pictures and
4 pictures use the same logic to show you 2 and 4 pictures respectively, and show the
slide background (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: 1, 2, and 4 pictures per slide show over the slide background
- 1 picture with title shows one picture per slide (and the slide title), and you
can still see the slide background since the picture does not cover the entire slide. Similarly
2 pictures with title and 4 pictures with title use the same logic, and show
2 and 4 pictures respectively with the slide titles and the slide background (see
Figure 3: 1, 2, and 4 pictures per slide show over the slide background with titles
Follow these steps to see how to change the Picture layouts of the slides within your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2013:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab |
Photo Album |
- This opens the Edit Photo Album dialog box, as shown in Figure 4.
The area highlighted in red within Figure 4 includes the
options you will learn in this tutorial -- which is Picture layout.
Figure 4: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- By default the Picture layout is set to Fit to slide (refer to
Figure 4 above).
- Click to open the Picture layout drop-down list as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Picture layout drop-down list
- Choose any of the picture layouts, and you will see a preview of its appearance
(highlighted in red within Figure 5) next to the
Picture layout drop-down list.
- Click the Update button (highlighted in blue within
Figure 5) to apply the new layout to your Photo Album.
- Save your Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.