PowerPoint 2013 enables you to insert online
pictures in more than one way, and explored these various options in our
Insert Online Pictures in
PowerPoint 2013 tutorial. This is the last tutorial of this series, and you will learn how you can use the
Facebook option to insert pictures which are uploaded within your Facebook account, straight into
- Access the Insert tab of the
Ribbon, and click the
Online Pictures button (highlighted in red within
Figure 1: Online Pictures button
- This will bring up the Insert Pictures dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Pictures dialog box
Notice the Facebook option, shown highlighted in red within
Figure 2, above.
Similar to the
Flickr option, Facebook also does
not provide a Search Bar to type in the keywords. Instead, you are provided with different options explained below, as marked in
Figure 2 above:
Don't see a Facebook
option within the Insert Pictures
dialog box? You
will have to add Facebook as a service connected to your Microsoft account -- this needs to be done only once. Explore our
Add Services in PowerPoint 2013
to learn more.
- Manage: Click the Manage hyperlink to manage your Facebook account. Learn more in our
Manage and Remove
Connected Services in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial.
- Picture preview: This shows you thumbnail previews of the first five pictures within your
Facebook account. You can click on any of these thumbnails to insert the picture in your active slide within
- See more: Click this to open the next window in the dialog box to see all pictures within
your Facebook account.
- We clicked the See more hyperlink. This opens the next screen where you can see all photo albums within
your Facebook account, under the heading All albums (highlighted in red within
Figure 3: Window showing all albums within Facebook account
- Hover the cursor over any album to see number of pictures within the album and also see the last updated date, as shown
highlighted in blue within Figure 3, above. Click on the album to see the pictures
within, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Window showing pictures within the album selected earlier
Options within this window are explained below, as marked in Figure 4 above.
Hover your cursor over the picture to see a magnifying glass icon, as shown highlighted in red
within Figure 5.
- Back to Sites: Click this option to get back to the Insert Pictures dialog box (refer to
Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- Album: Here you can see the name (and path) of the Facebook album you selected. If you want to choose
another album just click the All albums hyperlink
- Search Result: Here you can see all pictures within the album you have selected.
- Picture Info: Here you can see the resolution and source of the selected picture.
- Selected Items: Here you can see the number of pictures you have selected. Press Ctrl key
while clicking on pictures to select multiple pictures.
Figure 5: Magnifying glass icon appears over the picture preview
Click the icon to preview a larger picture, as shown in Figure 6. Clicking the Insert button
(highlighted in red within Figure 6, below) will insert the picture in your active
Figure 6: Larger preview of the picture
- You can also select one or more pictures within the album window shown in Figure 4. Then click the same
Insert button insert the picture(s) in your active slide.
- The selected picture(s) will then be downloaded and inserted within your slide, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Picture inserted on the slide
- Make sure to save your presentation.
Insert Picture from Facebook in
PowerPoint 2016 Windows
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.