Our next option within the
Insert Online Pictures in PowerPoint
2013 series of tutorials is exploring how you can insert pictures from your OneDrive account. Note that you
must have some pictures already uploaded to your OneDrive folders for working with this tutorial. Luckily with OneDrive's
camera upload options for all phone platforms, most of us possibly already have tons of pictures in our OneDrive folders. In
addition, you will also have to first sign in with your Microsoft account into OneDrive. Learn more in our
Sign In to a OneDrive Account
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is an online service from Microsoft that allows you to store and edit files online. OneDrive also provides you access
to PowerPoint Online,
web-based version of PowerPoint that runs within a browser window.
Follow these steps to learn how to use the OneDrive option in
PowerPoint 2013 to insert pictures:
- Access the Insert tab of the
Ribbon, and click the Online Pictures
button (highlighted in red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Online Pictures button
- This will bring up the Insert Pictures dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Pictures dialog box
Within the Insert Pictures dialog box, locate the OneDrive option. Then click the
Browse hyperlink, highlighted in red within Figure 2, above.
- This opens the next screen where you can see uploaded individual pictures or picture folders.
Figure 3 shows a folder with pictures, as shown highlighted in red.
Figure 3: Window showing folder containing pictures within OneDrive
- Open the folder to see all the pictures it contains, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Pictures within OneDrive account
Options within the window are explained below, as marked in Figure 4 above.
Hover your cursor over the picture to see a magnifying glass icon, as shown highlighted in red
within Figure 5.
- Back to Sites: Click this option to get back to the Insert Pictures dialog
box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- OneDrive Folder: Here you can see the folder name that contains the pictures.
- Search Result: Here you can see all the pictures within the folder of your OneDrive
account. If there are many pictures, you can use the scroll bar to view more pictures.
- Picture Info: Here you can see the resolution and name of the picture you select.
- Selected Items: Here you can see the number of pictures you have selected. Press Ctrl key
while clicking on pictures to select multiple pictures.
Figure 5: Magnifying glass icon appears over the picture preview
Click the icon to preview a larger picture, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Larger preview of the picture
- Select one or more pictures. Then click the Insert button highlighted in red
within Figure 6, above
- The selected picture(s) will be downloaded and inserted within your slide, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Picture(s) inserted on the slide
- Make sure to save your presentation.
Insert Pictures from OneDrive in
PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.