Black and White Options for Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how to change color pictures to black and white, and revert them back to color in your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7 and 8
There is no doubt if you are using a rich, vibrant colored picture than olde-worlde black and white for your presentation, the colored pictures will attract more attention. However, the visibility in terms of contrast is far superior in a black and white photo -- artists and photography purists have long hailed the black and white picture as a creative medium. You may want to extend this creative medium to your Photo Album presentations -- fortunately, a click or two is all that is required to create an inspirational black and white Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab |
Photo Album |
Album option, as shown
highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album option
- The Edit Photo Album dialog box opens, allowing you to edit the Photo Album (see
Figure 2: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- Within the Picture Options section, select the ALL pictures black
and white check-box, as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 3: ALL pictures black and white check-box selected
- As soon as the ALL pictures black and white check-box is selected, you'll
notice that the preview box also shows a grayscale picture (highlighted in
blue within Figure 3 above -- compare to the same
picture preview in Figure 2).
- Click the Update button (highlighted in green
within Figure 3) to apply the changes.
- Figure 4 shows the Photo Album presentation with all pictures
converted into black and white (grayscale).
Figure 4: Pictures converted to black and white
- Save you Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.