Apply Theme to Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how to apply a Theme to your Photo Album presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7 and 8
Once you create a Photo Album, notice that the default template for Photo Album is a black background with white text. You can go ahead and use this template - but you can easily change the appearance of the slides by applying a Theme to your Photo Album presentation. You can of course do it outside the Photo Album presentation -- in the normal way that you apply a Theme. But you can also apply a Theme right within the Photo Album dialog box.
Follow these steps to apply Theme to a Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation. In Figure 1, below you can see some of the
slides contained in our Photo Album presentation.
Figure 1: Some slides within a Photo Album presentation
- Now choose the Insert tab | Photo Album |
Edit Photo Album
option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Edit Photo Album option
- The opens the Edit Photo Album dialog box, as shown in Figure 3.
Here you'll find the Theme option (highlighted in red within
Figure 3: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- By default, the plain Office Theme with a black background and white text is applied.
To change to a new Theme, click the Browse... button (refer to the area highlighted in
red within Figure 3 above).
- This opens the Choose Theme dialog box, as shown in Figure 4,
displaying all the Microsoft Office built-in Themes on your system. You can also navigate to any other folder
that has Theme files -- in fact, you can also apply any other PowerPoint file as a Theme -- so you can also
select any existing PPTX file to apply its in-built Theme.
Figure 4: Choose Theme dialog box
- Choose any of the Themes, and click the Select button (highlighted in
red within Figure 4 above).
- This will take you back to Edit Photo Album dialog box. You can see the path of the
folder containing the Theme you have selected (highlighted in red within
Figure 5: Path of the folder containing selected Theme
- Now click the Update button (highlighted in blue within
Figure 5 above).
- Notice that the Theme of your entire Photo Album presentation has changed, as shown in
Figure 6, below (compare with Figure 1, shown earlier on this page).
Figure 6: Photo Album presentation with a new Theme applied
- Save your Photo Album presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.