PowerPoint 2007 New Features
Date Created: June 2nd 2008
Last Updated: February 26th 2009
Here's a listing of new features in PowerPoint 2007 -- if there's a link available, click it to get a more detailed explanation of the feature.
- Interface - The interface has been entirely revamped for this version of PowerPoint.
- Live Preview -- This makes it easy to see the effects without applying them to the actual slide objects.
- Office Themes -- Probably, the most powerful new feature in this release of PowerPoint, Office Themes work in Word and Excel 2007 as well.
- SmartArt Graphics -- Makes it super easy to create diagrams that show logical relationships with tons of usability features that let you tweak them.
- Custom Slide Layouts -- Finally, you can add your own placeholders, create layouts from them, and save and distribute these within templates and themes.
- Text Effects
- Charting Improvements
- Picture Effects
- Selection and Visibility Task Pane
- Shape Styles and Shape Effects
- Non-modal dialog boxes
- Better Tables
- Save as PDF and XPS
- New XML File Formats
- Slide Libraries
- Compatibility Checker
- Presenter View Improvements
- Mark as Final