Insert Movies in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
Learn how to insert a movie in PowerPoint 2007.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003
OS: Windows Vista / XP
Date Created: April 4th 2009
Last Updated: April 4th 2009
Thereafter, follow these steps to insert a movie clip in PowerPoint 2007:
- From the Insert tab of Ribbon choose the Movie option, and click the downward pointing arrow below to bring up a menu. Then choose the Movie from File option as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Movie from File
- This brings up the Insert Movie window (see Figure 2). Locate the folder where your movies are saved, and select any movie clip you want to insert. Click OK.
Figure 2: Insert Movie
- This brings up the message window that you can see in Figure 3. PowerPoint will ask you how you want the movie to start in the slideshow?
Figure 3: Movie playing mode
If you choose Automatically, PowerPoint will play the movie the instant that the slide containing the movie is shown in slide show view.
If you choose When Clicked, the presenter will have to click on the movie clip that PowerPoint places on the slide to play the movie.
- Whichever option you choose (as explained above), PowerPoint
will place the movie at the center
of the slide as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Movie placed on slide
- Now select the movie, and the Ribbon area will show the Movie Tools Options tab, as shown in Figure 5. Activate this Ribbon tab.
Figure 5: Movie Tools Options tab
- Under Movie Tools Options tab, you can:
- Set the slideshow volume
- Make the movie loop until stopped
- Rewind movie after playing
- Hide the movie during slideshow
- Align the placement of the movie clip on the slide
- Set movie dimensions
- You can also check the option that says Play Full Screen -- enabling this option will play the movie full screen.
- Save your presentation.
Insert Video (Movie) Clips in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Insert Video (Movie) Clips in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Insert Video (Movie) Clips in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Insert Movies in PowerPoint 2003, 2002, 2000, and 97 for Windows
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.