Insert Video Clips from the Clip Art Pane Into PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn how to insert a video or movie clip (including Animated GIFs) into PowerPoint 2010 from the Clip Art task pane.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Date Created: November 11th 2010
Last Updated: November 11th 2010
The Clip Art task pane typically offers illustrations, drawings, sounds, and pictures but it also provides a small selection of video clips (including Animated GIFs), which can be inserted in your presentation. To insert a video clip from the Microsoft Clip Art collection, follow these steps:
- Within PowerPoint 2010, open the presentation you want to use and select
the slide where you want to insert the video clip.
- Access the Insert tab of the Ribbon, and within the Multimedia group,
click the bottom part of the Video button to bring up a dropdown
menu as shown in Figure
1. Then choose the Clip Art Video option.
Figure 1: Select the Clip Art Video option
- This opens the Clip Art task pane, as shown highlighted in red in Figure
Figure 2: Clip Art task pane
- Within the Clip Art task pane enter the keyword(s) in the Search
for text box (highlighted in red, see Figure 3)
and click the Go button to retrieve your search results.
Figure 3: Keyword in Search for text box
- Select the Clip Art video you want to use, and click the down arrow
to the right of the clip to bring up the contextual menu that you
see in Figure 4. Select Insert from the menu that
appears, as shown in Figure
4. Alternatively, just select the clip and drag it to your
Figure 4: Insert the Clip video
- This will place the Clip Art video into your PowerPoint
slide (see Figure
5). PowerPoint 2010 typically embeds such clips as part of
Resize it larger or smaller as required -- do note that clips that are originally smaller in size (as is the case with the clip shown in Figure 5) may pixelate if resized much larger.
Figure 5: Video clip inserted from the Clip Art pane into PowerPoint
- Run the slideshow to view the Clip Art video
- Save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.