Insert Video from YouTube in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how you can insert YouTube video in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7, 8, and 10
PowerPoint 2013 provides various sources which allow you to insert online video within your slide. We have already covered how to insert video from OneDrive. In this tutorial we'll cover how you can insert video from YouTube. Follow these steps to learn how to use the YouTube option to insert a video within PowerPoint 2013:
- Access the Insert tab of the
Ribbon, and click the
Video button (highlighted in red within
Figure 1). And from the resultant drop-down menu choose Online Video option
(highlighted in blue within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Online Video option
- This will bring up the Insert Video dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Video dialog box
- Type in the keyword(s) within the box placed next to the YouTube option and press the
Enter key. We choose "snowflake" as our keyword, shown highlighted in
red within Figure 2, above.
- Based on the keyword(s) entered, you'll see results in the next window, as shown in
Figure 3: Video search results from YouTube for the entered keyword(s)
Options within the search result window are explained below, as marked in Figure 3 above.
- Back to Sites: Click this to get back to the Insert Video dialog
box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- Video Results: Here you can see the number of search results for the keyword you
- Search Bar: The search bar allows you to change or enter more search keywords.
- Search Results: Here you can see all the videos that YouTube provides
for the keyword(s) you have entered.
- Video Source: Here you can see the selected video’s name and source.
- Selected Item: Since you can’t select more than one video at a time, here you can always see only ‘1 item selected’.
Hover your cursor over the video thumbnail to see a magnifying glass icon, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Magnifying glass icon appears over the video preview
- Back to Sites: Click this to get back to the Insert Video dialog box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
Click the icon to preview a larger video, as shown in Figure 5. Use the Player Controls bar to play and preview the video.
Figure 5: Larger preview of the video
- Select the video you want and click the Insert button highlighted in
red within Figure 5, above
- The selected video will be downloaded and inserted within your slide, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Video inserted on the slide
- Make sure to save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.