Using the Presentation Companion from PowerPoint Mobile
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: August 25th 2010
Last Updated: August 25th 2010
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to use PowerPoint Mobile along with Presentation Companion to control slide navigation and access Presenter Notes.
In the first two tutorials in this series, I showed you how you can get started with Presentation Companion, and how you can set the connections. You also learned how to start the PowerPoint presentation from the mobile device on the desktop version of PowerPoint. Now I show you how you can control the presentation from the mobile device and view Presenter Notes:
- Start your presentation on both the desktop version of PowerPoint and the mobile version.
- Your view on the desktop version will be the same as you have been used to all the time -- if you have dual displays set up to use Presenter View, those will work too. The changes you see now will happen on PowerPoint Mobile, as you can see in Figure 1.
Figure 1: PowerPoint Mobile,
- Compare the Notes you see in Figure 1 with the notes for the same slide in PowerPoint 2010's Normal view as shown in Figure 2. You'll notice that these notes are now accessible to you on your mobile device when you are presenting!
Figure 2: PowerPoint 2010's Normal view
- You can also use the Previous and Next buttons shown in Figure 1 to navigate your slides -- also the OK button stops Presentation Companion and disconnects the connection between the mobile device and your computer -- you'll use this option to end your presentation.
- To end the connection from your computer, click the Stop button in the Add-Ins tab of the Ribbon as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Stop button