Slide Sorter View in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Learn about Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Probably the most used editing view after Normal view is the Slide Sorter view which displays thumbnail sized representations of all slides in your presentation (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Slide Sorter View
To access the Slide Sorter view, you can choose either of these options:
- Click the Slide Sorter button on the status bar (highlighted in red in Figure 1, above).
- Choose the View | Slide Sorter menu option.
Here are some guidelines for selecting slides in Slide Sorter view:
- To select a single slide, just click on the slide.
- To select a range of slides, hold down the left mouse button and drag across and over the slides like a marquee. Try to drag in a diagonal direction.
- To select a contiguous range of slides, click the first slide, hold the Shift key on the keyboard and then click the last slide.
- To select multiple, noncontiguous slides, hold down the Command key on you keyboard and then click the slide you want to select.
- To select all the slides in the presentation press Command + A key, or choose Edit | Select All menu option.
- To select all but a few slides, first select all slides, and then Command click on the slides you want to deselect.
Slide Sorter view works best when you have to select multiple slides (sequential or non sequential slides) and perform task such as:
- Organize and reorder the slides by dragging them into the proper sequence.
- Group slides into separate sections.
- Easily copy, paste, or delete slides.
- Duplicate slides.
- Hide and show selected slides.
- Control transition effects that play when the presentation advances from one slide to the next.
- Set and adjust the slide timing of these transitions.
To change the slide order:
- Select the slide(s) you want to reorder, and drag them in a position before or after the slide where you want them inserted. As you drag, the slides are rearranged automatically.
To insert a new slide within Slide Sorter view, choose any of these three approaches:
- Use the Ribbon:
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a new slide.
- Select the Home tab of the Ribbon, and locate the Slides group.
- Click the New Slide button.
- Choose the Insert | New Slide menu option
- Press Command + Shift + N shortcut key.
To copy, paste, and delete slides in Slide Sorter view, follow these guidelines:
- Copy: Select the slide(s) and press Command + C key,
or choose the Edit | Copy menu option.
- Paste: To paste copied slide(s), click at
the desired insertion point and then press Command + V key, or choose the Edit | Paste menu option.
- Cut: Select the slide(s) and press Command + X key, or choose the Edit | Cut menu option.
- Delete: To delete a slide (or slides), select and press the Delete button on your keyboard.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...