Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
Learn how to reuse slides in PowerPoint 2007.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2007
OS: Windows XP and Vista
Date Created: October 15th 2010
Last Updated: October 15th 2010
If you have existing slides that have reusable content, you can import them into any new presentations you create. I reiterate that you must first create and import an outline so that you have a structured presentation in place -- thereafter do use the Reuse slides option to add more slides or even replace existing ones. Finally you can add any new slides that you need to create from scratch.
PowerPoint provides a quick command that locates specific slides, and enables you to add it to the active presentation. While this process works the same way in all versions of PowerPoint, there are small interface changes -- in this tutorial, I'll show you how to reuse slides in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows:
- Within PowerPoint, open your existing presentation (see Figure
Figure 1: PowerPoint 2007
Note: Copied slides will always be inserted after the selected slide in the active presentation.
- Select the slide after which you want to add new sllides. Thereafter,
access the Home tab of the Ribbon, and click the lower half of the New
Slide button to bring up the menu that you see in Figure
2 -- select
the Reuse Slides option located at the very bottom of the list.
Figure 2: Reuse Slides
- This will open the Reuse Slides task pane (highlighted in red), as
shown in Figure
Figure 3: Reuse Slides task pane
- Here are the options in the Resuse Slides task pane
(refer to Figure 4):
- Click the Browse button to bring up a context menu
with two options:
- Browse Slide Library lets you access slides from a Microsoft
Office SharePoint Library. This option will only work if a Slide
Library is set up for you -- slide libraries are only set up by
large companies. If you work in a large company, ask your system
administrator to set this up for you.
- Browse File brings up a dialog that lets you locate the presentation on your computer. The rest of instructions on this page assume you chose this option.
- Browse Slide Library lets you access slides from a Microsoft Office SharePoint Library. This option will only work if a Slide Library is set up for you -- slide libraries are only set up by large companies. If you work in a large company, ask your system administrator to set this up for you.
Figure 4: Reuse Slides task pane options
Figure 5: Browse dialog box
Figure 6: Slides in Reuse Slides task pane
- Insert Slide: This will insert the slide into the active presentation and the slide will use the Theme of the active presentation.
- Insert All Slides: This will insert all the slides into the active presentation and all the the slides will use the Theme of the active presentation.
- Apply Theme to All Slides: This option will apply the Theme of the selected slide to all the slides in the active presentation. No actual slides are inserted.
- Apply Theme to Selected Slides:This option will
apply the Theme of the selected slide to selected slides in the active
presentation. No actual slides are inserted.
Figure 7: Insert slide(s) options
Figure 8: Added slides
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2003 for Windows
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.