While you can access your PowerPoint files saved on a cloud
location such as iCloud Drive – or even from a saved Place such as OneDrive or Dropbox, there’s a little known option that also lets you
access your PowerPoint files from other cloud services such as Box, Google Drive, etc. within
PowerPoint for iPad.
Follow these steps to access these other cloud services from within PowerPoint for iPad:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, as explained in our Working with
iCloud in PowerPoint for iPad tutorial.
- You will see the iCloud Drive window. Tap the Locations link, highlighted in
Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Locations in the iCloud Drive window
- This will open up a small menu. Tap the More option, highlighted in red in Figure
Figure 2: Access more cloud locations
- This will open the Manage Locations window, as shown in Figure 3, below. Select the cloud locations
you want to add – as you can see, we selected Box.
Figure 3: Add a cloud location
- Tap the Done option, highlighted in red in Figure 3, above.
- Now when you tap the Locations option, you will see another cloud location available here, as shown in
Figure 4, below (compare with Figure 2, shown earlier on this page).
Figure 4: Box is now an available cloud option
- Now you can open and save existing PowerPoint presentations saved on your Box drive.
Note: For some reason, Box was the only cloud service we could connect with -- and all attempts to connect
with Google Drive failed. But this can happen due to changes that all cloud services make to their iOS apps. And that's the
precise reason why some cloud apps show up in the Locations list, and others don't.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.