Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Learn how to insert a new slide in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Date Created: June 21st 2011
Last Updated: June 21st 2011
Like many other tasks you do in PowerPoint, inserting a new slide can be done in multiple ways. You just need to find a way that works best for you -- the following steps show you how you can do this simple task in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
- Launch PowerPoint 2011 -- typically, this brings up the PowerPoint Presentation Gallery -- here you can just click the Cancel button to create a blank, new presentation containing one slide as shown in Figure 1.
On the other hand, if you are not presented with the PowerPoint Presentation Gallery, you will still end up with a blank, new presentation containing one slide as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: PowerPoint 2011 interface with blank presentation
Tip: Learn learn more about the PowerPoint 2011 for Mac interface.
- To add more new slides (in a new or existing presentation), locate the Home tab of the Ribbon. Within the Slides group, click the New Slide button, as shown in Figure 2. This will insert a new slide after the active slide.
Figure 2: New Slide button
You can also click the down arrow next the New Slide button to summon the Slide Layout gallery as shown in Figure 3. Then click any of the layouts available to insert a new slide using the chosen layout. This way you can continue adding more slides.
Figure 3: Slide Layout gallery
- Whichever way you choose, you end up inserting new slides (see the Slides Pane on the left in Figure 4).
Figure 4: New slides inserted to the presentation
- You can also insert new slides while you are in the Slides Pane. Right-click the empty area (or the empty area between two slides) in the Slide Pane to bring up the context menu as shown in Figure 5. From the context menu, choose the New Slide option to insert a new slide.
Figure 5: New Slide option
- Thereafter, you can add titles, text, pictures, or any other slide objects within the new slides you just created.
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2002 and 2003 for Windows
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...