Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Learn how to remove Sections in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Creating Sections in your presentation helps you to logically categorize your presentation slides so that you can easily manage them. Just adding and naming sections is not all that you can do. You can do more such as moving slides from one section to another, or changing the order of the sections, or collapsing / expanding sections etc. Other than these activities, you can also remove a section. This removing action itself has got few more options, as explained in the steps below:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint 2011 within which you have
already added Sections. Change to
Slide Sorter view, as shown in
Figure 1 so that you can easily access the sections in your presentation.
Figure 1: Presentation opened within the Slide Sorter view
- Right-click (or Ctrl+click) on the name of the Section to be removed -- in
Figure 2 you can see that we have chosen the Section named 'Second Section' for removing. Within the contextual
menu that appears, you will find three options for removing the Section, as marked in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Options to remove the selected Section
Note: Did you find the Remove Section option greyed out as shown in Figure 3 below? This is possible if you have selected the first section in the presentation, when there are other sections below the first section.
Figure 3: Remove Section option greyed out
However, if there is only one section in the presentation, then the Remove Section option will be available, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Remove Section option not greyed out
Let us explore all three options for removing the section, as marked in Figure 2, shown earlier on this page:
- Remove Section: This option removes the selected section - its content slides will be added to the section
above the removed section, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Result of selecting Remove Section option
- Remove Section and Slides: This option removes the selected section along with all the slides contained
within, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Result of selecting Remove Section and Slides option
- Remove All Sections: This option removes not only the selected section, but all sections in the presentation,
resulting in only slides with no Sections, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Result of selecting Remove All Sections option
- Remove Section: This option removes the selected section - its content slides will be added to the section above the removed section, as shown in Figure 5.
- Select any option to remove Section(s) as required.
- Save your presentation often.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...