Locating and Sharing the Help URL for a Topic
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2007
Date Created: April 27th 2009
Last Updated: April 27th 2009
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to locate and share the help url for a topic in PowerPoint 2007.
It's awesome that PowerPoint 2007's Help is integrated to Office Help online, and that new articles are added all the time by the PowerPoint Content Publishing Team. However, there are times when you want to share something in PowerPoint Help with a friend or colleague. Here's a quick tip to show you how you can do that.
- Launch PowerPoint Help and locate/click the link for the help topic you want to share.
- Right-click anywhere on the help for that topic, and choose Copy Topic ID <idno>, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Copy Topic ID
- Go to the Office Help site. The US English Help is located on this link -- other geographies and links have similar URLs. This gets you to the page that you see in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Office Help site
- In the large Help and How-to text box, paste the Help Topic ID that you copied in Step 2, and click the Search button.
For this example, I pasted "HA10081967" without the quotes since I wanted the URL to the topic that discusses how you can make changes to a handout master.
- The search results will show you the page you want to share (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: Resultant Page
- Click on the search results to get to the page you want to save the URL for, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Page to share
- Save the URL for yourself as a bookmark in your browser, or share it with friends or colleagues.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.