Changing Chart Types in PowerPoint 2007
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2007
Date Created: April 3rd 2010
Last Updated: April 3rd 2010
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how you can change your existing PowerPoint charts to other types in PowerPoint 2007.
Although charts in PowerPoint 2007 look so much better than charts in previous versions, the chart type offerings are almost similar. PowerPoint 2007 provides all the basic chart types such as column, bar, line, pie, etc. (see Figure 1) -- and also some advanced charts like radar, surface, bubble, doughnut, etc. (see Figure 2). Together, all these chart types cater for almost every kind of graphical data representation.
Figure 1: Bar, Column, and Pie Chart Types
Figure 2: Bubble, Surface, and Radar Chart Types
To change a chart type from one to another, you first need to have a chart in your presentation. Learn how to insert a chart in PowerPoint 2007.
Now follow these steps to change the chart type in PowerPoint 2007:
- Select the chart to activate the Chart Tools tabs in the Ribbon area, as shown in Figure 3. All put together, there are three Chart Tools tabs.
Figure 3: Chart Tools
- Select the Chart Tools Design tab of the Ribbon (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Chart Tools Design tab
- Click the Change Chart Type button -- this is normally the first button from the left (refer to Figure 4 above).
- This summons the Change Chart Type dialog box, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Change Chart Type dialog box
- As you can see in Figure 5, the left pane of this dialog box displays a list of chart types to choose from -- and on the right pane, you will see sub-types based on the chart type chosen in the left pane. Select the type and the sub-type you want.
- Now click OK to get back to the slide with the changed chart type, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Changed chart type
- Save your presentation.
Changing Chart Types in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Changing Chart Types in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Changing Chart Types in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Changing Charts Types in PowerPoint 2002 and 2003 for Windows
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.