Change Shapes within a SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: April 19th 2011
Last Updated: April 19th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to change shapes within a SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2010.
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic (learn how to insert
a SmartArt graphic within PowerPoint 2010), as shown in Figure
1. Note that once you select a SmartArt graphic, two
contextual tabs activate on the Ribbon:
the SmartArt Tools Design and the SmartArt Tools
Format tabs (highlighted in red in Figure 2).
Figure 1: Continuous Block Process SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint
- Select any shape within SmartArt graphic which you want to change.
In the example shown in Figure 2, I have selected the
middle Rounded Rectangle.
Now select the SmartArt Tools
Figure 2: SmartArt Tools Format tab selected
- Within the SmartArt Tools
Format tab, locate the Shapes group, then
click the Change Shape button as shown in Figure
Figure 3: Change Shape button
- This brings up the Shapes gallery, as shown in Figure 4. Select any shape you like, for this tutorial I have selected an Oval (refer to Figure 4 again).
Figure 4: Oval shape selected within Shapes gallery
- Figure 5 shows the selected Rounded Rectangle is
now changed to an Oval. Note that only the shape is changed and other
attributes such as fill color, outline color, etc, are still the same
2 and Figure 5).
Figure 5: Selected shape within a SmartArt graphic is changed from a rectangle to an oval
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts E-Book.