Slide Transition Effect Options in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Date Created: September 7th 2012
Last Updated: September 7th 2012
Excerpt/Capsule: Explore Effect Options for Slide Transitions in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Once you apply slide transitions, you can tweak the actual transition effect aplenty. We have already explored how you can edit the duration and timing of any transition effect, and even add a transition sound that will play transition takes place. In addition, you can also play with some more options providing more control over the transition effect applied to the slide -- these are all placed in a single broad category called Effect Options. These Effect Options, as the very name indicates are related to the individual transition effects, and options may differ for each effect. Additionally, some transition effects such as Flash, Dissolve, and Honeycomb may be devoid of any Effect Options altogether. Follow these steps to explore more:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and navigate to the slide that already has a transition effect applied. We selected a slide that had the Reveal transition effect applied.
- Access the Transitions tab of the Ribbon, and click the Effect Options button as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Effect Options button
- This brings up the Effect Options drop-down gallery, as shown in Figure 2. Note that your Effect Options gallery may look different than what you see in Figure 2 -- because each transition effect has its own unique set of effect options. For this tutorial, you are aware that we chose a slide that had the Reveal transition effect applied -- so, you can see the four effect options related to the Reveal transition effect in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Effect Options drop-down gallery
Note: Depending upon the slide transition effect applied, you may or may not see any Effect Options. Some transition effects like Flash, Dissolve, and Honeycomb provide no Effect Options. In this case, your Effect Options button will be grayed out, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Effect Options button grayed out
- Select any of the options within the Effect Options drop-down gallery. Instantly, PowerPoint will provide a preview of the selected transition effect option. Similarly, play with different Effect Options to ascertain which one works best for you.
- Once you are done, save your presentation.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...