Motion Path Animations in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac -- Reversing Motion Paths
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Date Created: July 23rd 2012
Last Updated: July 23rd 2012
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to reverse a motion path's direction in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Now that you have learnt how easy it is to add motion paths using presets, and to draw your own custom motion paths, it is time to start getting more familiar with some tricks used with Motion Path animations. The simplest motion path trick is to reverse the direction of your motion path -- this option is very helpful if you want an object to animate using a motion path, and then animate the same object again from the end of the motion path back to the starting point.
Follow these steps to learn how to reverse your motion paths animation:
- Launch PowerPoint - you will see the Presentation Gallery which allows you to set all attributes of your new presentation, such as a preset Theme or template. Make selections, or just click Cancel in this gallery to open a blank presentation with a new slide -- PowerPoint 2011 users can change the slide layout of this slide to Blank by selecting Layout | Blank within the Home tab of the Ribbon. Then, insert a shape and select it.
- Apply a Motion Path animation to the selected slide object. You can refer to our adding a motion path or drawing a custom motion path tutorials to get started.
- Now, select the shape to which you applied the motion path animation, and you shall be able to see a dashed line representing the Motion Path (as shown in Figure 1 below). This dashed line has green and red arrowheads at both ends. The green arrowhead represents the start point of the motion path whereas the red arrowhead represents the end point.
Figure 1: Motion Path animation applied
- Now, hover the mouse cursor over motion path so that your cursor changes to a hand, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1, above. Right-click (or Ctrl+click) carefully to bring up a contextual menu with three options, as shown in Figure 2 -- select the Reverse Path Direction option.
Figure 2: Reverse Path Direction option to be selected
- As soon as the Reverse Path Direction option is selected, you'll see a preview of the reversed animation. Also notice that now the green and red arrowheads have swapped positions, as shown in Figure 3. Compare with Figure 1 to see the difference.
Figure 3: Swapped arrowheads
Motion Path Animations in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows -- Reversing Motion Paths
Motion Path Animations in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows -- Reversing Motion Paths
Motion Path Animations in PowerPoint 2002, 2003, and 2007 for Windows -- Reversing Motion Paths
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...