Removing an Animation in PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
Date Created: April 25th 2012
Last Updated: April 25th 2012
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to remove animation from slide objects in PowerPoint 2010.
Removing an animation is a simple select-and-click option, but even before you remove any animation, do ascertain why you want to remove it. Here are some obvious scenarios that result in removing animations:
- Do you want to remove both the animation and the slide object that is animated?
- Or do you want to just remove the animation, and let the slide object be?
- Or maybe you don't want to remove the animation or the slide object -- you just want to change the animation?
Here are the answers:
- If you chose 1, then you need not read the rest of this tutorial -- just delete the slide object such as a shape, and any animation added to that object is gone too.
- If you chose 2, then you need to read the rest of this page.
- If you chose 3, then look at our Change Animation tutorial.
Now that we have established what you want to do, removing an animation is very easy. Follow these steps to remove any existing animation:
- Select the slide object that has an animation applied. Refer to our Adding an Animation in PowerPoint 2010 tutorial to learn how you can add animation.
- Access the Animations tab of the Ribbon, and within the Animation gallery, click the None option (shown highlighted in red in Figure 1).
Figure 1: None option to be selected to remove the animation
- Do you have more than one animation assigned to the selected slide object (see the shape with multiple animations, highlighted in blue in Figure 2 below)? You can remove a particular animation from within the Animation Pane. To bring up the Animation Pane, first access
the Animations tab of the Ribbon. Then locate the Advanced Animation group, and click the Animation Pane button, as shown highlighted in red in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Animation Pane button
- This opens the Animation Pane (highlighted in red, in Figure 3) within the PowerPoint interface.
Figure 3: Animation Pane within PowerPoint interface
- Within the Animation Pane, select the animation you want to remove. Right-click the selected animation to bring up a drop-down list, and choose the Remove option (highlighted in red in Figure 4).
Figure 4: Remove option to be selected
Alternatively, select the animation to be removed in the Animation Pane and press the Delete button on the keyboard. If you removed the wrong animation by mistake, quickly press the Ctrl+Z shortcut key to undo.
- Save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.