Removing an Animation in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how to remove animation from slide objects in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7 and 8
Removing an animation in PowerPoint is a simple select-and-click option, but even before you remove any animation, do ascertain why you want to remove it. Here are some obvious scenarios to explore before removing animations:
- Do you want to remove both the animation and the slide object that is animated?
- Or do you want to just remove the animation, and let the slide object be?
- Or maybe you don't want to remove the animation or the slide object -- you just want to change the animation?
Here are the answers:
- If you chose 1, then you need not read the rest of this tutorial -- just delete the animated slide object such as a shape, and any animation added to that object is gone too.
- If you chose 2, then you need to read the rest of this page.
- If you chose 3, then look at our Change Animation tutorial.
Now that we have established what you want to do, removing an animation is very easy. Follow these steps to remove any existing animation:
- Select the slide object that has an animation applied. Refer to our
Adding an Animation in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial to learn how you can add animation.
Note: Although we are using a shape within this example, the same technique will work to add animation to any slide object within PowerPoint.
- Access the Animations tab of the
Ribbon, and within the
Animation gallery, click the None option (shown highlighted in
red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: None option to be selected to remove the animation
- Do you have more than one animation assigned to the selected slide object (see the shape with multiple animations, highlighted in blue within Figure 2 below)? You
can remove a particular animation from within the Animation Pane. To bring up the
Animation Pane, first access the Animations tab of the
Ribbon. Then click the Animation Pane button, as shown
highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Animation Pane button
- This opens the Animation Pane (highlighted in red within
Figure 3) within the
Figure 3: Animation Pane within PowerPoint interface
- Within the Animation Pane, select the animation you want to remove. Right-click the
selected animation to bring up a drop-down list, and choose the Remove option (highlighted
in red within Figure 4).
Figure 4: Remove option to be selected
Alternatively, select the animation to be removed in the Animation Pane and press the Delete key on the keyboard. If you removed the wrong animation by mistake, quickly press the Ctrl+Z shortcut key to undo.
Tip: Want more keyboard shortcuts? Get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts Ebook.
- Save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.