Edit Captions within the STAMP Add-in for PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: April 28th 2011
Last Updated: April 28th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to create new captions for your video clips with the Caption Editor within the STAMP add-in for PowerPoint 2010.
We have already explored how you can create new captions for movies inserted in PowerPoint 2010, using the STAMP Caption Editor. Once these captions have been added, you may want to edit them by following these steps:
- Select the video which already has captions added, as shown in Figure 1. This will activate the Video Tools tab of the Ribbon, click the
Playback tab highlighted in red (refer to Figure
Figure 1: Select the Playback tab
- Within the Captions group, click the Edit Captions button
(see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Edit Captions button
Tip: Don't see the Edit Captions button? You need to install the free STAMP add-in for PowerPoint 2010.
- This opens the Caption Editor window (see Figure 3),
with all your existing captions listed.
Figure 3: Caption Editor window
- Click in the text area of the particular caption that you want to edit.
Then type over existing text to edit / replace the caption text.
When done, click the Update
(highlighted in red in Figure 3 above).
- You can delete a caption by selecting the row of the caption you want
to remove, and then click Delete Caption button, highlighted
in red in Figure 4. When the selected caption is deleted,
click the Update Captions button to complete the process
(refer to Figure
Figure 4: Delete Caption button
- Play the slide to preview the changes made to the captions.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.