Download and install the STAMP Add-in for PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: April 6th 2011
Last Updated: April 6th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to download and install the STAMP add-in for PowerPoint 2010.
The STAMP add-in is designed for PowerPoint 2010 only and you may not be able to use it in previous versions such as PowerPoint 2007. Also at present, we only found a version of STAMP that works with the 32-bit versions of PowerPoint 2010. If all this sounds confusing, do not worry since I have this tutorial divided into three parts which will help you all the way from checking your PowerPoint version to downloading the add-in and installing it.
First Step: Confirm the PowerPoint version (32-bit or 64-bit)
To check which version of PowerPoint 2010 you are using, do the following:
- Open PowerPoint 2010, and click the File button (highlighted in
red in Figure 1).
Figure 1: File button
- From the File menu choose Help option, as shown in Figure
Figure 2: Help option selected
- Within About Microsoft PowerPoint section is the information
about the version of PowerPoint that you have installed, including
whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit (highlighted in red in Figure
Figure 3: Microsoft PowerPoint version details
Second Step: Download the Add-in
Once you are sure of the PowerPoint version you need, download the add-in by doing the following:
- Go to SourceForge
STAMP PowerPoint Add-In
web page, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: SourceForge STAMP PowerPoint Add-In web page
- Now click the Download button (highlighted in red in Figure 5). As soon as you place the cursor on the Download button you can see the tool tip showing the add-in version, refer to Figure 5 again.
Figure 5: Download the add-in
- This opens a window with the option to save the add-in, save the add-in (.zip) file to your computer.
Note: At the time of writing this tutorial, I found no 64-bit version of STAMP -- probably there may be a 64-bit version available at a future date.
Third Step: Installing the Add-in
After you have downloaded the appropriate add-in version, install it by following these steps:
- Extract the downloaded file (.zip) to a folder on your computer and
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- When done with the installation wizard, verify that the add-in installed
correctly by opening PowerPoint 2010. In PowerPoint 2010, click
the File button,
and from the resultant Backstage menu, choose Options
(highlighted in Figure
Figure 6: Select option within file menu
- This opens the PowerPoint Options dialog box, as shown in Figure
Figure 7: PowerPoint Options dialog box
- Click the Add-Ins tab within the pane on the left side, and verify
that Sub-titling Add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint is
listed under Active Application Add-ins list, as shown
in Figure 8.
Figure 8: Sub-titling Add-in for PowerPoint within Active Application Add-ins list
In a subsequent tutorial, we will show you how you can use the STAMP add-in
for PowerPoint 2010.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.