Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
Date Created: June 29th 2004
Last Updated: February 26th 2009
This is a review of the update - the full PowerShrink review can be found here...
The new 1.3 update is free to registered users of version 1.x - and the update can be downloaded from the PowerShrink site.
I asked Michael Weber of TopByteLabs Computing for a list of new features and improvements:
- PowerShrink 1.3 has now Install/Uninstall support.
- File size changed from 812 kb to 1399 kb.
- No need for a Microsoft PowerPoint installation, PowerShrink
1.3 is a standalone tool.
- Shell context menu integration for using PowerShrink directly
- PowerShrink Wizard will guide the user through the "shrinking" process
- see Figure 1.
- Statistics after compression.
- Integrated help file.
- PowerShrink 1.3 still available as standalone EXE, but without Shell context menu integration and without help file.
Figure 1: PowerShrink Wizard