Package Option in Adobe Presenter
Explore the Package option within Adobe Presenter.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Adobe Presenter provides various publish options -- and these work great if you have control over how your users will work with the eLearning content you create. However, there may be times when you do not have an idea about how and where the content will be used or distributed. In such scenarios, you can use the Package option that lets you publish the entire eLearning presentation along with all the assets and media within a single package. Do note though that this option essentially shares your entire content in an editable format. This option is especially useful if you need to work on the presentation from multiple computers or multiple authors need to work on it. The package file is easy to distribute to users as it converts all the required files into a single file.
Follow these steps to learn how the Package option works:
- Open the eLearning presentation which you want to pack. Thereafter access the
Adobe Presenter tab of the
Ribbon, and click
the Package button, as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 1: Package button within the Presentation group
Note: If you don't have the Adobe Presenter tab within the Ribbon in PowerPoint, that may indicate you haven't installed it. This tab is not built-in within PowerPoint and is installed as part of a PowerPoint add-in from Adobe called Presenter.
- This opens the Package dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Package dialog box
- Adobe Presenter provides a default path where the presentation is saved, as shown highlighted in
red within Figure 2, above. You can choose your own location by
clicking the browse icon, as shown highlighted in blue within
Figure 2, above.
- This brings up the Adobe Presenter Package dialog box, as shown in
Figure 3. Here you can choose the location and specify the name for the package. When done, click
the Save button as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 3: Adobe Presenter Package dialog box
- This will take you back to the Package dialog box. Here click the Pack button, as shown highlighted in green within Figure 2, earlier on this page.
You can open a packaged presentation in one of the following ways:
- Browse to the location where you have saved the package using Windows Explorer, and double-click the .prpkg
- Click the File menu in PowerPoint, and click Adobe Presenter UnPackage
option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Adobe Presenter UnPackage option
This brings up the Adobe Presenter UnPackage dialog box, as shown in Figure 5. Here specify the Package Location and the Output Folder where Adobe Presenter needs to unpack the contents, and click the UnPack button (highlighted in red within Figure 5).
Figure 5: Adobe Presenter UnPackage dialog box