Insert Characters in PowerPoint using Adobe Presenter
Explore how to insert characters in PowerPoint using Adobe Presenter.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
It's not too easy to find high quality, royalty-free photographs of people that you can use throughout your lessons -- and to find pictures of the same person in different poses with the backgrounds within those pictures removed -- well, that's even more difficult. Fortunately, Adobe Presenter's Character option enables you to add such characters easily into your PowerPoint slides. The Character option provides ready-to-use character images such as business executives and medical practitioners that help you make your presentations engaging with real actors. You can combine the concept of Scenes and Character and create scenarios for your interactivity.
Follow these step to learn how to insert a Character into PowerPoint using Adobe Presenter:
- Within PowerPoint, navigate to the slide where you want to insert the character. Then access the
Adobe Presenter tab of the
Ribbon, and click the
Character button, as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 1: Character button
- This opens the Characters dialog box, as you can see in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Characters dialog box
Options within the Characters dialog box are explained below, as marked in Figure 2, above:
- Categories: Click to bring up the category drop-down list, as shown in
Figure 3. There are four Character categories: Business,
Casual, Illustrated, and Medicine.
Figure 3: Characters category drop-down list
- Characters: Based on the category you choose you'll see different Characters available
here. For example, when we choose the Medicine category, we found two characters:
Christine and Maria -- both of them look like hospital employees!
Figure 4: Characters within the selected category
- Previews: Here you'll see the preview of the character you have selected. Do scroll
down to see all the variations of selected character.
- Download Links: Here you will find links to download more characters from
eLearning Templates and eLearning Arts. Click the hyperlink to open the
page in the browser and download the required stuff -- note that you will need to buy these at an extra cost.
- Categories: Click to bring up the category drop-down list, as shown in Figure 3. There are four Character categories: Business, Casual, Illustrated, and Medicine.
- Choose a character and click the OK button, as shown highlighted in
red within Figure 2 earlier on this page. This will add the
selected character to your PowerPoint slide, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Selected character added on PowerPoint slide
- Figure 6, below shows a slide where we added a scene from Medical
category and a Medicine Character and created a composition.
Figure 6: Composition created combining scene and character
- Save your presentation often.