Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition
Auto FX Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition is an Adobe Photoshop compatible plug-in which includes filters for adding edges, frames and borders to your photos.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
Auto FX Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition is an Adobe Photoshop compatible plug-in which includes amazing filters for adding edges, frames and borders to your photos. The plug-in includes an extensive collection of film frames, darkroom effects, grunge edges, natural media borders, and plenty of styles. There are 32 edge effects in all, and each of these edge effects can be customized and even combined with other edge effects. The new Storyboards and Photo Layouts options use frame and edge photos using accents, grunge overlays, blends, textures and mood lighting to create a perfect layout setting. There are over 300 pre-made photo layouts and instant effects. You can even design your own presets and save them so you can apply them to other photos later.
Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 is from Auto FX Software, a company based in Birmingham, Alabama and Nashua, New Hampshire (both locations in the USA) which develops professional Photoshop Plug-In filters. Other Photoshop compatible plug-ins from Auto FX Software are Mystical Tint Tone and Color 2.0, Mystical Lighting, Auto Eye, etc.
You can download a free trial version of Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 from the Auto FX Software.
My contact at Auto FX Software for this review was Patrick Sutton, thank you Patrick.
How To Use
Follow these steps to use Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0:
- Open any image in Adobe Photoshop or another compatible image editing application.
- Choose Filter | Auto FX Software | PGE 7.0, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Photo/Graphic Edges
- This will open Photo/Graphic Edges interface, that you can see in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Photo/Graphic Edges interface
The interface is explained below:
- This part of the interface provides all the 32 edges effects via the Select Effect
menu. The other options available here are the File, Edit, and View menus.
- Depending upon the edge effect you choose from the Select Effect menu, you'll get context
sensitive properties here that allow complete customization and fine-tuning of various parameters.
- Here you get options such as:
Transform Effect lets you scale the applied edge effect,
Transform Photo enables to scale the picture on which edge effect is applied, and
Clone Edge allows to clone the applied effect.
The options in this section change based on the edge effect you choose.
- Layer Palette: The edge effects applied on the image are stacked here, you can
delete, clone any effect layer, and even add a new mask layer.
- Preview: This area displays the changes that occur, as you select and fine-tune
- This section of the interface provides options including Original, which
displays the picture without the effect. If you choose Select Layer Preset, this
opens the Presets window as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Presets
Choose any of presets effect and apply on the picture.
- This part of the interface provides all the 32 edges effects via the Select Effect menu. The other options available here are the File, Edit, and View menus.
- Choose any edge effect from the presets, or create a unique effect of your own.
- Press OK to apply the effect.
|Photoshop Versions:||7 and higher|
|Site:||Auto FX Software|