AKVIS Retoucher 3.5
AKVIS Retoucher is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that removes dust, scratches, stains, etc. from old damaged photos.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
Retoucher is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that removes dust, scratches, stains, etc from old damaged photos. It also lets you remove date stamps that some cameras add to photographs. In addition, it also reconstructs missing parts of a photo using the information of the surrounding areas. Retoucher works automatically, you only need to indicate areas to be restored, and the rest of the process is taken care by the plug-in. The resultant image surfaces becomes smooth with less scratches.
AKVIS Retoucher is a new version of the same plug-in that we have reviewed in the past.
Retoucher is from AKVIS, a company based in Russia that specializes in graphics programs and scientific research. Apart from Retoucher, AKVIS also creates other Photoshop compatible programs like Chameleon, ArtSuite, ArtWork, Coloriage, Enhancer, etc.
You can download a free 10 day trial version of Retoucher from the AKVIS site.
My contact at AKVIS for this review was Katerina Kharina, thank you Katerina.
How To Use
Follow these steps to use AKVIS Retoucher:
- Open any image in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Now select all the scratches or any other damaged areas. Figure 1 shows selection made on a picture.
Figure 1: Damage area selected
Note: The easiest way to do that is to get into Quick Mask mode and paint over the required areas. Learn more about selection tools of Adobe Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | AKVIS | Retoucher, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: AKVIS Retoucher
- This opens the AKVIS Retoucher interface, as shown in Figure 3. Note that the damaged areas
selection is highlighted in red.
Figure 3: AKVIS Retoucher Interface
- Click the "Wrench" icon, which opens the Options dialog box as you can see in Figure 4.
Here you can make changes as required.
Figure 4: Options
- Start the photo restoration process within the plug-in by pressing the Run icon (see icon below).
- This creates a preview of the image. Apply the result to the image by pressing the Apply icon (see icon below) to
return to the image editor.
Here's a "before" and "after" sample
|Price:||US$87 and above|
|Trial Version:||10 days|