AKVIS MultiBrush 4
AKVIS MultiBrush 4 is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that allows to enhance photos and retouch portraits.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
AKVIS MultiBrush is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that allows to enhance photos and retouch portraits. The plug-in is a new enhanced version of AKVIS Stamp. AKVIS MultiBrush performs picture enhancements, removes unwanted objects from digital pictures such as spots, stains, or even unwanted elements in a photograph. A useful tool for portraits which allows the user to remove wrinkles, scars, scratches, and enhances imperfect skin, this plug-in also available as a standalone application that runs independent of Adobe Photoshop.
MultiBrush is from AKVIS, a company based in Russia that specializes in graphics programs and scientific research. Apart from MultiBrush, AKVIS also creates other Photoshop compatible programs like Chameleon, ArtSuite, ArtWork, Coloriage, Enhancer, Retoucher, etc.
You can download a free 10 day trial version of MultiBrush from the AKVIS site.
My contact at AKVIS for this review was Katerina Kharina, thank you Katerina.
How To Use
Follow these steps to use AKVIS MultiBrush:
- Open any image in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | AKVIS | MultiBrush, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: AKVIS MultiBrush
- This opens the AKVIS MultiBrush 4 interface, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: AKVIS MultiBrush 4 Interface
The interface is explained below:
- Control Panel: The two buttons on the left side are to undo and redo actions. The buttons on the
right side of the control panel are to apply the changes, and buttons of info, help, and preferences.
- Toolbar contains a group of tools, which are used to edit images. Click on the corresponding button
to select tools for painting, retouching, toning, and the eyedropper. Buttons marked with a small triangle contain a
submenu of additional tools, which are selected by either clicking with the right mouse button or clicking and then
holding the left mouse button on the desired tool.
Here is the list of tools:
- Color Brush, Color Pencil
- Eraser, History Brush
- Clone Stamp
- Chameleon Brush
- Blur, Sharpen
- Lighten, Darken, Saturation
- Control Panel: The two buttons on the left side are to undo and redo actions. The buttons on the right side of the control panel are to apply the changes, and buttons of info, help, and preferences.
- Preview shows a large preview of the image.
- On the top right, you'll find the Navigator.
- Settings Panel here you can set the parameters for the selected tool.
- Color tab allows to choose colors. The Swatches palette tab contains a collection
of frequently used colors. And the History palette shows the list of every change made to a file.
Note: History palette is available in Home Deluxe and Business versions only.
- Using the tools and parameters make the changes as required.
- Apply the result to the image by pressing the Apply icon (see icon below) to return to the image editor.
Here's a "before" and "after" sample
|Price:||US$49 and above|
|Trial Version:||10 days|